Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
When multiple VBA-Ms arelinked to Dolphin, I can't control them simultaneously
gostevie Offline

When multiple VBA-Ms arelinked to Dolphin, I can't control them simultaneously

Hello there, first of all a big thank you for providing this software, it's amazing!

I've been trying to play Four Swords Adventure with a friend on my laptop and we've gotten very close. I can now connect multiple VBA-Ms to a Dolphin game and have them register as controllers. The game will start, but then, we can't control our VBA-Ms simultaneously, even though "Pause when inactive" is unchecked and we are, ofcourse, using separate controls. When I switch from one VBA-M to the other, by selecting it with my mouse, I can then control the other VBA-M. So I can switch between them, just not use them at the same time! Switching controls from Xbox One controllers to, for example, keyboard, doesn't work either.

When I open two VBA-Ms and open a normal GBA game, I can control both of them at the same time. Hence, the problem occurs once I link them to my Dolpin emulator. I've tried using many different versions of both VBA-M and Dolphin, and I've always come across the same problem. These are the versions I've tried:

VBA-M:
VBA-M-r-1181
VBA-M-r-1229
VBA-M 1206

Dolphin:
3.5-1381
4.0-4811

I haven't gotten the VBA-M link to work with Dolphin 5.0.
I'm using Windows 10.

Really hoping that someone here can help! Thank you!
07-08-2017 08:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AdamN Offline
Unknown

RE: When multiple VBA-Ms arelinked to Dolphin, I can't control them simultaneously

Try using my mod (vba-m svn1030e) https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2vn877z7duckt...M1030e.zip
The thread was archived before vba-m forum got rolled back http://web.archive.org/web/2015030910321...sourcecode

I remember it worked on Four Swords as i was testing the joybus on Four Swords and FF Chronicles, and you don't need bios file anymore for joybus with vba-m svn1030e
I also added a few more options to make joybus connection more stable on some games
07-20-2017 12:04 PM
gostevie Offline

RE: When multiple VBA-Ms arelinked to Dolphin, I can't control them simultaneously

Thanks, but I found the problem. It had to do with the drivers to my Xbox One Controllers, they didn't work. Thank you though!
07-27-2017 12:41 AM