Thread Rating:
  • 52 Vote(s) - 3.13 Average
x360ce setup - for use with xbcd
Squall Leonhart Offline
The Admin with the Gunblade

x360ce setup - for use with xbcd

Xbox Controllers
On the Xbox controllers, the bumper buttons are assigned to the Black and White buttons.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=260]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=261]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=262]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 08-08-2012 02:45 PM by Squall Leonhart.)
08-08-2012 02:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Squall Leonhart Offline

RE: x360ce setup - for use with xbcd

Xbox 360 Controllers

[Image: attachment.php?aid=263]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=264]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=265]

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 04:02 AM by Squall Leonhart.)
08-08-2012 02:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Squall Leonhart Offline

Rumble doesn't work:
Often this is because another devices driver has been written to assume itself as the default device.

This can be Resolved by typing joy.cpl into Run (Winkey+R) or the Startmenu search item and changing the preferred device in the advanced settings.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=268]

Rumble type:
Note: when using the test slider on rumble type 2, the effect will only be active for as long as you drag the slider.

However rumble type 2 is the only type that differentiates between the left and right motors correctly, Default is a constant rumble, driving both motors, and type 1 is a sine method, driving only the small motor.

Its fairly simple to tell the difference in a game like batman, where a rough landing when jumping would incur a small vibration while an explosion would incur a large vibration.

Triggers don't work / don't work properly / always lit:
Firstly, check the x360ce setup and be sure the triggers are set to the IAxis3 and IAxis6. If they are then the problem is the current XBCD profile is not correct or has been tampered with.

The XBCD 360 Emu profile is exactly the same as the triggers on split axis profile, so either of these should set the driver into the preliminary state required to enable the triggers to work correctly in x360ce. However, calibration of the triggers is required to set the triggers to the correct neutral position in order to use the triggers correctly in Dinput games, and the X360ce utility and wrapper.

The negative values of Z and RZ were selected as defaults for the split axis profile after testing in a number of titles, and finding that the positive ranges treated them as always being depressed once calibrated, some of these titles include some Racing titles such as Need for speed, adventure titles such as tombraider legend, and other titles that can use the triggers when assigned.

When calibrated correctly in joy.cpl, the triggers will appear as
[Image: attachment.php?aid=271]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 04:14 AM by Squall Leonhart.)
08-08-2012 02:48 PM
Squall Leonhart Offline

-del-

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 04:03 AM by Squall Leonhart.)
08-15-2012 09:12 PM
DaWrecka Offline

I'm not sure if the same people are involved in developing x360ce as XBCD. If they are, consider this a plea for support. If they aren't, then consider this an informational warning to other users.

I managed to get hold of a Hori EX2 Turbo pad, specifically this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Pad-EX-Tu...B002LT9PXQ

Windows installed the execrable Microsoft drivers when first I plugged it in. Okay, I thought, no biggie, I can just direct it to the XBCD drivers that were installed by the 0.2.7 installer.

The XBCD drivers wouldn't install. Windows told me that there were no suitable drivers even when I pointed it right to the directory.

Okay, I thought, although alarm bells were ringing. Maybe this is just a new revision that's not in the INF files. Sure enough, upon getting the VID and PID for the controller from Device Manager and adding this line:

%XBCD_360.DeviceDesc% =Install, USB\VID_24C6&PID_5500 ; HORI Pad EX2 Turbo

to the right section of the INF file allowed the driver to install, and it's fine. I can use the config program to set it to split axes, Windows can see all six axes - no issues on that front.

(The above information is included in order to illustrate that no, this isn't a driver problem, this is an x360ce problem)

Then I tried to fire up x360ce's configuration program to make sure we were all still good, and... oh dear. It wouldn't detect the Hori controller at all. It detected my Saitek Pro Gamer unit, and my 3in1 joybox thingy, neither of which are suitable for use in XInput games - (well okay, if I wanted to hook up a PS2 controller it would work, but I don't) and the Hori controller was conspicuously absent. It still showed up in the Windows control panel and in the XBCD configuration, just... x360ce refuses to detect it, making it impossible to configure. (I've raised an issue for it on the Google Code page for x360ce already)

So. For the time being at least, here's how things work. If you only want to play XInput games, the Hori controller is fine. If you only want XInput and Xbox games, still fine. If you only want to play DirectInput games, you're again fine once you have XBCD working. If you want to play some XInput and some DirectInput games though... you'll need to avoid this controller for now. Sadly.
08-23-2012 02:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Squall Leonhart Offline

A known problem in x360ce (and no we aren't the same teams)

x360ce is currently undergoing a rewrite by its respective developer in order to fix problems such as this though.

Part of the problem is that the Device installed order is used to determine the order of devices detected by the x360ce setup app, so the only way to get the Hori as pad 1 would be to unplug the other 2 devices.

The Hori should appear on one of the tabs, but it may appear with a red icon, this means the device has the Passthrough checkbox ticked.

08-23-2012 05:36 AM
DaWrecka Offline

Not an unreasonable assumption, considering I omitted some significant information. (Grr, stupid brain) See, I can look at the log file, or the console window, and it's only detecting the two controllers. Disconnect those while keeping the Hori connected, it doesn't detect ANYTHING. I could paste the logs, but since this is about XBCD and not x360ce, I'll spare you the scrolling. Short version; With nothing connected, the x360ce log shows no controllers detected. Hook up the Hori controller, it STILL doesn't pick any controllers up. If I then plug the Saitek and joybox-thing back in, it picks those up without complaint - but still doesn't find the Hori.
08-23-2012 08:17 AM
Ariel16283 Offline

hey guys, i'm new here and i just installed the XBCD drivers and i got one of the most common problems i think, the rumble doesn't works on the xbox360ce, so i don't know what to do. And yeah, i installed once before and the rumble worked on the xbox360ce, i used the type 2 as was said above but the rumbles, they were swapped (left = right, right = left, i'm brazilian sorry for the english) i tried type the box "swap motor" but didn't worked. I really want some help!!! my controller is the xbox 360 controller i bought it cause a thought i'd have a mouse precision with it's thimbsticks but there is some deadzone applied by the xinput and this is too annoying here in brazil these controllers are a little expandable.
08-31-2012 02:30 PM
Squall Leonhart Offline

Hi Ariel, thats a common problem, and i did mention a resolution in post 5 of this thread

08-31-2012 03:02 PM
Ariel16283 Offline

thanks guy, but the problem is that the rumble is "swapped" and type the box "swap motor" doesn't change a thing. I'll test in another computer, so i'll be posting if i got it right thank you for the reply, you guys are really FAST!!
09-01-2012 12:32 AM
Squall Leonhart Offline

don't worry about the test app too much

though it says left and right, these don't actually correspond to the motors, realistically they should be relabelled Big and Small motor as thats how Xinput see's them, rather than left and right.

09-01-2012 12:40 AM
Ariel16283 Offline

ok, i just tested in a new computer everything worked right but it vibrates the right motor instead the left and the left instead the right. I selected the vibration type 2 as was told on the line 5 and a marked the "swap motor" box and marked or not doesn't make any diference, there's any solution?
09-01-2012 12:45 AM
Squall Leonhart Offline

its a bug in X360CE, i guess. would explain why some games don't rumble properly (since it sends heavy rumble commands to the small motor and low rumble to the large, which would be too weak to even make the large motor spin)

09-01-2012 01:00 AM
Ariel16283 Offline

so, there isn't any solution yet right? and thanks for the answers!
09-01-2012 06:30 AM
Squall Leonhart Offline

Alright, so i looked a bit more, and it might not be a x360ce bug after all

of/c the swap motor setting being broken definitely is lol, krossx has passed me a version of the xinput wrapper that has that fixed.

He also passed me a version of the rumble driver that is sort of fixed, but his fix was a little too simple imo :<. all it does is swap the byte each motor is set on, which seems all sorts of wrong to me, and correcting the rumble types is beyond me (and him) currently.

09-02-2012 02:09 PM
Ariel16283 Offline

Amazing man!! can I get this dll (or whatever it is)? I already looked out on the source code of the xbcd and the .ini of the xbox360ce, how to do what you just said but I have no enough knowledge to change the source code and I didn't find anything of use on the xbox360ce but a thought that could be that simple, and it was at last!! so you guys will post for everyone this solution? how its gonna be? i'm looking for this since i bought this control!
09-03-2012 01:16 PM
Squall Leonhart Offline

here you go

Attached File(s)
.7z  x360ce.7z (Size: 73.9 KB / Downloads: 86)

09-03-2012 02:00 PM
Ariel16283 Offline

AMAZING MAN! I dunno how to thank you, to stand me all that time =D,it worked nicely now is just get some fun! thank you all!
09-03-2012 03:49 PM
FatJoe Offline

Sry for necroing but i need help.

I want to remap my Dark Souls Controls. As the game doesn't offer the possibility i want it to do with xbcd and xbox360 ce. Overwrote the Microsoft driver, but now, when i want to set the controls the controller is grey and won't react when pushing something. The presets are totally botched either. I can play and rumble works, but some inportant stuff isnt even mapped.

Anybode who knows something ?
09-13-2012 11:11 PM
Squall Leonhart Offline

dark souls is not currently compatible with x360ce, if you go by what the latest comments on the x360ce project page are saying.

in any case

did you actually copy the xinput files and ini into the dark souls folder?

can you take screenshots to identify what you're talking about clearer.

if its easier, we can just setup teamviewer and i can take a look directly at what the problem could be.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2012 06:45 AM by Squall Leonhart.)
09-14-2012 06:43 AM