Visual Boy Advance-M
I.S.T.

Anyone here into speedruns?

Other than Nach, of course. ;)

I've been watching a lot of the ones on www.speeddemosarchive.com lately(I'd watch more TAS runs but for some reason tasvideo's BT tracker doesn't like me. :().. I think my favorites are the Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow runs(Mainly because I love that game so frigging much) and the Jaws run(Which is just amazing to watch, considering how much effort went into such a bad game.).

I prefer TASes :annoy:

Much more inventive.

They can be. The NES Gradius run is amazing...

That's quite a handy link thanks.

I am not really into speedruns as the cap on my connection does not really allow for random fun...it barely holds out for regular browsing. However such a large collection is a welcome bookmark and if I do find myself with a few MB to spare I will definitely go take a look.

You would know that if you went to the site.

It's basically playing through a game in the shortest time possible. Like completing Super Mario 64 in a matter of minutes.

Tool assisted speedruns. Basically, speedruns done on an emulator using methods that are not possible with a console, such as going through the game one frame at a time(Some games display odd behavior at specific frames, for example), repeated use of save states to fix mistakes, etc. Hell, some games have been reverse engineered!