Visual Boy Advance-M
Crowley-Reigns

Throttle/speed Problem

So, after i got DirectX and i managed to fix the Xaudio 2, the game is still stuck around 400% speed. I tried to manage the settings to lower the framerate, but it's not working. The sound and screen are both at 400%, so i guess they're synced.. How can i get the speed back to 100%?

Also, The rom i'm trying to run is Pokemon Emerald, i've tried several other roms as well, and its still giving me the same problem, so i doubt it's a bug in the rom..

So, after i got DirectX and i managed to fix the Xaudio 2, the game is still stuck around 400% speed. I tried to manage the settings to lower the framerate, but it's not working. The sound and screen are both at 400%, so i guess they're synced.. How can i get the speed back to 100%?

Also, The rom i'm trying to run is Pokemon Emerald, i've tried several other roms as well, and its still giving me the same problem, so i doubt it's a bug in the rom..

Have you tried setting Throttle to "100%"? I recently updated from VBA-M SVN1229 MFC and i seem to have to put throttle at "100%" to get 1x game speed, in 1229 it ran at 1x with the "No throttle" setting, so i guess they either reversed what it does (seems logical since checking the meaning of "throttle" seems to be "to control/limit"), or either the 1229 or the recent builds are bugged. I've yet to encounter a problem in the new-er/-est build(s) when putting throttle to "100%" though, so that should work.

Maybe someone more code-"adept" and/or involved with the project can elaborate?

PS. Topic is kinda old from what i see and apperantly the forum got (mostly) deleted by hackers and i haven't read the webarchives save, so i don't know if you've already got it solved.

Crowley, did this problem only occur in full screen, and were you using vsync? I had a very similar issue with the SVN 1490 version when in full screen. All tested games would run the emulator at ~ 150%, and the problem turned out to be the full screen resolution I had selected. I suppose my graphics card or the emulator didn't take kindly to 1600x900.

The settings that did the trick and offered smooth graphical performance were:

- Vsync and Triple Buffering under Options > Video > Render API

- Changing the resolution to something different (1280x800 in my case) under Options > Video > Select fullscreen mode... if you're shooting for a res that's some even multiple of the GBA and it does not exist in the list, create it in your GPU control panel (then reboot, in my case).

- Leaving the options of "no throttle" and "no frameskip" selected under Options > Speed.

Reason I recommend that last point is because the frame judder was driving me crazy after setting Throttle and/or Frameskip to 100% and Automatic, respectively.