Visual Boy Advance-M
arijit_bhaumik

automerged dbl post

Doublepost automerge:

Not necessary. Given the nature and current size of the forum, allowing bumps would not be undesirable.

If implemented, allowing a doublepost period of 6 hours should be significantly optimal. Bumps occuring any earlier than that would be rude, if not denotating impatience.

Avatars: mmh, yeah, why not. 85x85 @ 25 kbs would be reasonable

I've found that automerged posts can be convenient if you make two replies in a row for some reason(Somebody posted while you were typing, you missed a post while you were replying in the first place.).

However, I agree that the board is much too small for that.

Incase this does get implemented one day, though, here's a suggestion: set a time limit on the automerge function so that if you bump a post up for whatever reason/make a new reply after the original post is more than, say, a few hours old, it doesn't merge. a forum I go to (http://forums.tformers.com/talk/index.php) does that.

Why didn't anyone invent a bump function yet? Would be much cleaner than always having to double post.

Why didn't anyone invent a bump function yet?

Too troublesome (people could bump their threads 50 times an hour if they dont see people replying. would be a bypass of the forum rules about multiple consecutive posting).

someone just cooked a bump plugin for nybb recently, pretty much still unreliable, and issue-prone.

Also, phpBB2's mod is pretty beta, and not elegantly implemented either (phpBB3 features bump functionalty in the core package directly, though I do not really see that as a feature or anything remotedly useful)

Bump = post reply, after all.

Back on-topic: automerge of -6hours is alright. Same with avie limits (though I do not really see a need for such visuals for a tech forum)

Too troublesome (people could bump their threads 50 times an hour if they dont see people replying.

Well, there could be limitations like only every 6 hours or so.