Visual Boy Advance-M
Squall Leonhart

VBA-M [svn 956 MFC] info and download

General Info:

VBA-M is a [super] Game Boy emulator for Windows, Linux & Mac. Here you can get information about the latest development build of the Windows version and download it while you're at it.

Changes in this release:

Reverted changes by shuffle2's (gb_apu_state warning cleanup) as i(squall) prefer working sound over a clean build log.

Added VC2010 project files

Enabled SSE/Instrinsic optimisations in VC2010 project file (safer to do than in 2008) (VS2008 builds are still built without code gen optimisations)

Updated NASM

Download:

VisualBoyAdvance-M SVN956 (click to download)

so yeah, i tried downloading the directx and it gives me a internal error and tells me to refer to the dxerror.log and directx.log

did you download it from the official site? (microsoft).

On a side note: it's directx9 you need

hmmm it gives me a error when playing a game xaudio2 failed to initialize

and the speed is still a 300-400%...

no sound too.

im having problems after problems x.x

cuz your computer is too fast. get a slower computer :P

seriously though go to Options->Speed and throttle to 100%

Isn't it supposed to be options ->speed and throttle to no throttle?

Because it's like that with me and i always have 100% gamespeed.

cuz your computer is too fast. get a slower computer :P

seriously though go to Options->Speed and throttle to 100%

no.

thats not what throttle is for, infact im going to disable it in future builds until its function has been properly clarified/fixed.

Vsync + Audio Limit.

as per the readme, do not enable audio limit + auto frame skipping as theres a timing issue that occurs then.

hmmm it gives me a error when playing a game xaudio2 failed to initialize

then you definitely did not install DirectX properly.

its supposed to be an artificial cap afaik, though it just rarely works in this way.

the behavior is going to get changed to being a speed throttle for turbo.

Quick question, would you recommend this build/version in place of the current build/version I have which is VBA-M (SVN947)?

Just to confirm:

I'm a Win 7 user, having the same problem with Directx.

So, downloading and installing Directx (June 2010) fix the problem?

That's why i'm on working (skipping :banana_cool:), and this pc is a XP, so testing right now is a bit dificult...

Ps: Sorry for any wrong word, English isn't my natural language.

First off, I'd like to thank you folks for your continuing efforts to develop & improve this excellent all in one Gameboy, Gameboy Color & GBA emulator :)

Now on to business... I just recently found out about this latest version release from friends over at a ROMs hosting site forum I frequent. I immediately went & tracked down this latest version to try it out but even before I could get things started I ran into a bit of a snag, so to speak. According to the package's included readme files I need zlib.dll version 1.23, unfortunately copy-pasting then going to the link you listed on the readme yielded a 404 can not locate page error. Further inquiry revealed to me that a newer version of zlib has been made available, build 1.25.

My first question would be, would this latest version of zlib work for this release of VBA-M?

My second question has something to do with libpng.dll. The last version of VBA-M I had, SVN 947 came bundled with both zlib1.dll (version 1.2.2) & libping12.dll (version 1.2.31) when I downloaded them off of ngemu.com. However, this newer release doesn't come bundled with these two files & by the looks of it based on your readme file, I need to look for these files myself.

As I said earlier, I can't find zlib 1.2.3, but found 1.2.5. With libpng there seems to be a newer version, 1.52 but... I can't find a link to the compiled .dll release as most of the files on libpng's site seems to be in source code format only.

So comes my second question. Seeing as I can get libpng version 1.52, can I just use the older version I got, or seeing you didn't specify in the readme that I need it, can I run the emulator just fine without libpng installed?

afaik, vba-m doesn't even need the external zlib dll anymore.

Thanks for the reply Squall Leonhart :)

Wait...

So I can just disregard the zlib.dll requirement mentioned in the readme file then?

If so, I think you guys should update the readme file that comes with the emulator seeing it's kinda misleading yes?