Visual Boy Advance-M
Twilight Fenrir

XBCD 0.2.7 Discussion

I used to use this control pad on my old pc using XBCD v0.4.0 so i know the game does recognise the control pad

oh, well in that case it could be the assignment profile used. try switching it to one of the "use triggers as buttons" profiles instead.

I dont know how to do that :(

But i tink you are right cus thats what i needed last time with 0.4.0. for the controller to work

sorry for my noobishness and millions of questions lol

right click the xbcd setup tool icon in all programs and click run as admin. then select the drop down menu in the bottom left corner.

I've tried all "triggers as buttons" and "triggers as split axes" profiles but nothing seems to work still. :/

apparently this xbcd profile should work.... i say apparently...

*in XBCD setup tool

.. o Z - Off

.. o Rx - On

.. o Ry - On

.. o Rz - Off

.. o Slider - Off

.. o Buttons - 12

* Save the config and exit after applying

* Open FFXI Config, select "Gamepad settings". Settings are:

.. o Select - Button 1

.. o Cancel - Button 2

.. o Active - Button 4

.. o Main - Button 3

.. o Autorun - Button 5

.. o Ctrl - Button 11

.. o Alt - Button 12

.. o Heal - Button 9

.. o Change - Button 10

.. o Check the boxes:

.... - Enable Gamepad

.... - Enable Slider

.... - Enable hat switches

.... - Enable force feedback

* Set up the Movement controls

* Set up the Camera controls

* Test the gamepad, then click the OKs to get out, saving each time you are prompted

I've tried everything you said and still dosnt work in the game so i did a system restore and installed everything again with still no luck I guess i'm doing something wrong or missing something. I'll just try using a keyboard lol.

Thanks so much for your time and patients!!

Hello. New to XBCD. Trying to get it working to get extra support (split axis and force feedback) for my Microsoft 360 Wireless Wheel and a standard 360 Wireless Controller.

Using Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit) and a knock-off Wireless 360 Receiver from dealextreme.com (USB\VID_045E&PID_0291&REV_0107). Works fine with their default drivers; but would love the split axis, and force feedback (less important of the two).

Do I have to update the wireless receiver? When I try it says there's no compatable drivers in the XBCD/drivers folder. When I try to update the driver for the controller (found as "HID-Compliant Game Controller" under HID in device manager) to a XBCD driver, it immediately causes BSOD.

Thanks.

Hey guys!! And sqall. this is for you dude. can you help me? im from venezuela, so i speak spanish, sorry if i write something weird jejje.

Well this is the situation..

I saw that the...

%XBCD.DeviceDesc% =Install, USB\VID_0738&PID_4586 ; MadCatz MicroCon Wireless Controller

...Is under the supported controllers. but i cant get it work!!! Please help me... Is this wireless controllers supported for real?

My windows recognize my controller like madcatz foot pad... So i tried to search the "xbox controller" on the list of drivers like you said in the installation guide, but there is not "xbcd project" of drivers components... Help me please!!!

Today i did it work on my windows xp partition. it works perfect!!! but. in windows 7 i have the same issue that allready commented... can you help me squall???

On my manager device said (windows xp): Madcatz 4506 2.4GHz wireless gamepad

ID:USB\VID_0738&PID_4506\6&32BE113A&0&1

Hardware identificators: USB\Vid_0738&Pid_4506&Rev_0102

USB\Vid_0738&Pid_4506

Windows 7 32 bit user...

Thanks in advance!!!

is that device a XBOX wireless gamepad, or a 360 wireless game pad

theres a difference.

the XBOX wireless gamepads are functionally compatible with the xbcd driver as the two parts function as a single device (when exposed to the xbox)

the 360 wireless gamepad and its wireless link point function as seperate devices.

All right! so... i have to wait for you to the next version of your driver??? Or i have to do something?? to help you i mean. Just tell me! hehehe.

This one is in your list: %XBCD.DeviceDesc% =Install, USB\VID_0738&PID_4586 ; MadCatz MicroCon Wireless Controller

But mine in windows xp (where works great) says 4506 instead of your 4586. Maybe can i do something from here???

Thanks buddy. your work is awesome!!!

you really can't actually, i have to modify the setup script to register the axis and rumble driver stuff since it'd make the inf file to tricky to work with if i put all of it in there.

the new driver is available now though

SQUALL: I have allready downloaded from your skydrive, and i watch the .inf... my controller is there. but in the device manager. when i try to upgrade my drivers for the "generic usb hub", i only have the "XBDC Xbox foot pad" option... im sad... what can i do now????

On every try I always get installed this "XBCD Madcatz Beat Pad (w/Handle)...

In harware id says: USB\VID_0738&PID_45FF&REV_0001

USB\VID_0738&PID_45FF

In the other id says: USB\Class_09&SubClass_00&Prot_00

USB\Class_09&SubClass_00

USB\Class_09

I have this conflict, i dont know why. maybe is because the first time that i try to install the controller i get installed this "Xbox foot pad" accidentally, and that make the conflict? i allready clean the registry... but i get the same results... help me please... (im trying to write good english, sorry if i dont)... Thanks in advance man... waiting for your answer.

this is what usbview says:

External Hub: USB#VID_0738&PID_45FF#5&73cd85c&0&6#{f18a0e88-c30c-11d0-8815-00a0c906bed8}

Hub Power: Bus Power

Number of Ports: 3

Power switching: Individual

Compound device: Yes

Over-current Protection: Individual

Device Descriptor:

bcdUSB: 0x0110

bDeviceClass: 0x09

bDeviceSubClass: 0x00

bDeviceProtocol: 0x00

bMaxPacketSize0: 0x08 (8)

idVendor: 0x0738

idProduct: 0x45FF

bcdDevice: 0x0001

iManufacturer: 0x01

iProduct: 0x02

iSerialNumber: 0x00

bNumConfigurations: 0x01

ConnectionStatus: DeviceConnected

Current Config Value: 0x01

Device Bus Speed: Full

Device Address: 0x04

Open Pipes: 1

Endpoint Descriptor:

bEndpointAddress: 0x81

Transfer Type: Interrupt

wMaxPacketSize: 0x0001 (1)

bInterval: 0xFF

(xbox controller s)

I do not detect the triggers

shows how the common buttons

this project does not support triggers ???

pls respond